There are many fun activities near me that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Whether you are looking for an activity that is educational, an activity that is fun or an activity that will get your kids’ mind off of the TV or video games, there is something for everyone.
1. The San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum: This museum is all about learning through play, and it has tons of interesting exhibits for the entire family to explore. There are also tons of indoor and outdoor stations where your kids can learn about water conservation, animals, and more.
2. The Worcester Art Museum: This museum has tons of ways to keep your kids entertained, including a special “quiet time” Family Nook, 20-minute “zip tours” that focus on a specific artist or work of art, family guides, touch carts and more.
3. The Museum of Making Music: If you want to experience a different form of music, this is the place for you! This museum is home to hundreds of instruments, and they offer a wide variety of classes and workshops so your kids can learn how to play these instruments.
4. The Concern Museum: This museum is all about America’s history, but it is also fun for the whole family. There are many hands-on exhibits where you can get in on the learning and drawing, and there are plenty of places to sit and chat as well.
5. Old Sturbridge Village: For generations, families have visited this quaint historic New England village to learn about life in the 1830s. It’s full of activities that will keep your kids busy all day long, from visiting with the cattle, sheep and pigs to watching how food was cooked in the kitchen hearth and hearing some 1830s music.
6. The New Victory Theater: This theater is a favorite for families because it has so much to offer in terms of entertainment. There is a variety of shows to choose from, from plays and circus acts to puppet shows.
7. Jetboat Ride: If you are looking for an exciting way to see the city, a jetboat ride is one of the best ways to do it! You can take in panoramic views of the city, and even watch the Statue of Liberty as you cruise the waters.
8. The Metropolitan Museum of Art: There are so many great museums in NYC, but the Met Museum is one of our favorites because it has so many great things for kids to do. They have family events that are a lot of fun, like date nights and concerts.
9. The Natural History Museum: This is one of the best science museums in the world. It has lots of hands-on exhibits, a great IMAX theatre and much more!
10. The Living Coast Discovery Center: If you are looking for an animal attraction that is less crowded than many of the other popular ones in the area, this one is worth checking out.