Where to Get Assistance in Lee County

get assistance

If you are having a difficult time making ends meet and need assistance, there are several agencies in Lee County that can help you. These programs are divided into three broad categories, including Veteran Assistance, Homeless Assistance, and Financial Assistance. In addition to providing financial aid, these agencies help the homeless find permanent housing, provide street outreach services, and process veteran benefits. Below are a few of the places where you can get assistance. And, remember that you don’t have to be a veteran to qualify for these services.

Rent assistance after COVID-19

California has one of the most challenging housing affordability problems in the country, and low-income renters are disproportionately people of color, adding even more to the difficulty of finding a rental. The economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic were severe, too. Many people lost jobs, reduced hours, or had to stay home due to childcare shortages. As a result, renters began to fall behind on their payments.

Thankfully, there are several ways to get help paying your rent and utility bills after COVID-19. The Urban League of Union County, Inc., for example, offers an Emergency Rental Relief Program that can cover up to six months’ rent if you’re facing a sudden loss of income after the tornadoes. You can also apply directly with your landlord or property management company. You can apply for assistance by filling out the form online.

To qualify, you must have a household income that is at least eighty percent below Area Median Income (AMI) in order to be eligible for assistance. Applicants must be at risk of homelessness or housing instability, and must have applied for help with utility arrears at the same rental unit. The application process is simple, and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once approved, the program will cover up to 12 months’ rent, so it’s important to submit all necessary documents as soon as possible.

Rental assistance for homeowners

If you are a homeowner in need of rental assistance, there are several options to fill out an application. The first option, the Housing Assistance Program, offers up to 12 months of rental assistance and three months of future rent. This assistance can help stabilize a household and cover other housing expenses, such as security deposits and moving expenses. Depending on the situation, additional assistance may be available to help homeowners meet their expenses, including a one-time grant for utilities.

To apply, you will need to provide documentation showing that you are suffering from a financial hardship. Usually, landlords must provide a copy of a utility bill, and tenants must submit contact information and income documentation. Once you are accepted, your rental assistance payment will be directly sent to your landlord. If you are a landlord, however, you can apply on behalf of your tenants. Be sure to review all of the requirements carefully, so you know whether you are eligible for rental assistance.

To qualify, you must be low-income or have low assets, and you must meet income eligibility requirements. Rent assistance is available for a wide range of income levels, including those with low incomes, disabled people, and seniors. To receive rent assistance, you must be at least 80 percent below the area median income. You can apply online for the Rental Assistance Program for renters and landlords. A housing assistance representative will contact you once your application is approved.